September 21, 2016

Ironstone, Linens and A New Favorite Recipe

I am forever rearranging things.... I have always been that way to, I like the refreshing feel it gives around me. It may be even more now due to our current home being in a total disarray for the pending upcoming move.... (Nothing new on that subject either ... ugh). I only have so much out that isn't yet boxed, so more frequent moving things around helps me in not losing my mind with the clutter that is all around! 


I am the type that cannot handle things not where they belong or disorganization, and living in a home that is partially packed away is starting to make me a little crazy!


A lot of my ironstone I haven't packed yet so I have that to enjoy and shuffle around :)


And my linens as well.... it's the little things, right! And fresh flowers always help too!


These linen remnants are of my favorite colors, I love beige and grays and of course whites. Gingham or checkered patterns as well... (Besides my other favorites ticking and stripes!).


I have been trying to come up with a new creative outlet to fill my decorating void though, and I am really getting into cooking and baking more than ever (If you follow me on Pinterest you've seen a lot my recent pins consist of all that and more!).


If anyone is interested in this adorable cow butter dish, I found it on Ebay (New) for $12 and free shipping!! I love anything with cows or goats! :)


I really wish I would have grown tomatoes this summer,  I LOVE tomatoes and I have been reading up on all that can be preserved and canned too, maybe next year...
I am going to be bringing in my herbs and trying to maintain them through the winter months for meals, as they can get ridiculously expensive to buy over the winter.

I'm a big soup maker too (not just in the winter months either) and I found a recipe on Pinterest last week that is so SO good and I thought I would share it here, it is a MUST try if you like potato soup! It is my new favorite to say the least! Sorry I don't have a picture to show of it, but trust me....you will love it! In fact it's what's on the menu for dinner again tonight too :)

(Shameless Plug) These three bowls are available in my Etsy shop currently too! Link in the right sidebar.

**The only changes I made to the below recipe is I didn't have any thyme on hand so I didn't add that, and I always use heavy whipping cream in my chowder type of soups not half n half, I think it adds to the perfect richness. And I used chicken broth in substitute of the five cups of water, I think that was key as well.** 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/465700417697119483/

Summer Corn Chowder

Ingredients

Meat

  • 1/4 cut into 2-inch pieces 5 slices bacon

Produce

  • 1 Bay leaf
  • 2 tbsp Chives, fresh
  • 8 ears Corn, fresh sweet yellow
  • 1 clove Garlic
  • 1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
  • 1 Yellow onion chopped (1 1/2 cups), medium
  • 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes

Condiments

  • 1 tbsp Honey

Baking & Spices

  • 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
  • 1 Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Dairy

  • 3 tbsp Butter
  • 1 Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup Half and half

Liquids

  • 5 cups Water

  • Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until onion has softened and just starting to brown around edges, about 8 - 10 minutes. Add in the flour and garlic and cook 1 1/2 minutes. While whisking, slowly pour in 5 cups water. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, then stir in corn kernels and potatoes. Add in thyme and bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a light boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
  • Remove bay leaf then transfer 2 1/2 cups of the chowder to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir the mixture back into the pot then stir in half and half and honey. Sprinkle each serving with chives and optional cheddar.

Until next time! :))


1 comment:

  1. Words Doctorate is providing PhD-Master Thesis and Research related support for PhD

    Students-all stream.

    PhD and Master Thesis & Dissertation Writing Services , We serve students globally in

    all subjects, Provide completed solutions and online Guidance by PhD Holders.

    ReplyDelete